Sunday, April 19, 2009

May all your wishes come true...

One of my favorite things about Alena is little it takes to keep her happy. I'd asked her for weeks before her birthday what to tell people to buy her, and I got quite a few "it doesn't matter" or "I don't need anything" answers. There's nothing that she really wants or wishes for.

Yesterday, I was raking a few stray leaves for today's party. As a few more fell (yes, in April the leaves are still falling), I told her that if she can catch a leaf before it hits the ground, she can make a wish on it. Sure enough, she caught a leaf. I told her she could wish for anything she wanted. I was waiting to hear something good. A pony? Maybe Disney? The latest toys in every commercial? She wished that she could jump into a pile of leaves. Then she promptly turned around and jumped into the little pile I had made. Hopefully all of her wishes will come true as easily as this one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment