Saturday, April 18, 2009

Look on the bright side

Life is all in how you view things. Last week, I took my kids to Target, and we ran into Alena's OT. We talked for a minute, then went our seperate ways. After we walked away, Alena said "Miss JeanMarie is so good". I told her I was glad she thought so. She continued "It was so nice of her to come shopping with us today". I told her she was right.

I thought of telling her the truth - that JeanMarie did NOT come shopping with us, we just happened to meet her. But I realized that life is full of disappointments. Anything from Santa and the tooth fairy to not being picked on the team to breaking up, and hundreds of other downers. What's the harm in making her feel a little more special by letting her think JeanMarie was there just for her?

I told my mom afterwards. She laughed, and commented on how Alena's outlook is such a beautiful thing, and how if everyone just thought a little more positive, the world could be a better place.

Here's to looking on the bright side.

No comments:

Post a Comment